Davis Party of Five

Davis Party of Five

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Momma, mommy, mom....

I have many names. Being a mom is definately the hardest job I have had to do. It NEVER stops. I am always on duty, even when I sleep because I have night-time visitors occasionally during the week. I love my three babies so much that I sometimes think I try too hard to be the "perfect" mom. I have very high expectations for my brood and I forget that they are still little, at only 6, 5, and 2. Having my babies has shown me my weeknesses and my strengths. I find much I want to improve about my parenting and I know I do not do everthing like I should. My greatest hope for them and me is that we all stay close once they grow up and that they feel that I am the one person they can trust, come too, and count on, no matter what is happening with them. My thing I want to work on is more patience. I thought I had a lot of it, but being home with my three for the summer really tests how much I really have. They are at the ages where they can push me to the limit and I want to work on not falling off the edge of the cliff....I am a professional educator and counselor who knows the book stuff about raising a successful, happy kid, but putting it into practice is not always as easy as it sounds. I want to work at being better at the best job I have, being a mommy!
Some photos I took yesterday of my babies! They are growing so fast and I want to make the best memories possible for them!




No comments: